Working in the construction sector has its own difficulties and perhaps charms too. (Can’t bet on it!) The labor is in charge of making sure everything goes smoothly and the structure of a building is steadfast and firm. Therefore, it is important to understand the various factors that could potentially effect the productivity of labor working on construction sites.
Here are a few factors that we believe are important to consider while measuring labor productivity on a given day/ project:
- Unavailability of manpower. Lack of masterful labor encompasses a direct impact on the schedule, again and again inflicting the contractor to accelerate its work to beat the delays related to maintaining a gradual workforce. Given the normal contract language inserting the danger of labor on the contractor, it’s troublesome to prove and recover further compensation thanks to the inaccessibility of manpower. But it remains a true downside in some areas.
- Weather. Adverse weather could be a vital reason behind lost productivity on a construction project. The parties contract typically will address wherever he contractor is entitled to beyond regular time for “unusually severe weather” additionally the} form of proof that will be needed for submitting a claim. The lost productivity may embrace those days once the contractor experiences adverse weather, however also when delays caused by the owner push the project schedule into atmospheric condition that impact performance.
- Crowding and stacking of trades. Like out of sequence work, a contractor is also wedged by multiple trade contractors operating in a neighborhood that wasn’t otherwise anticipated. The situation and stacking of trades can have a major impact on labor productivity, and courts have recognized a loss of potency skilled by a mechanical contractor when the overall contractor accelerated the work, inflicting overcrowding on the project, accumulated man-hours, and inaccessibility of materials.
- Out of sequence work. The contractor is also entitled to hunt further compensation when its work is wedged by having to vary its anticipated methodology of performance or sequence of work. Once a contractor should modify its work arrange thanks to owner interferences or delays, it will expertise lost productivity having to figure round the unpredictable event.
- Working overtime/extra hours. According to Harmon, fatigue and accumulated absence thanks to scheduled overtime work can have an adverse impact on productivity. Again, the underlying cause should be stipendiary for these form of impacts are recoverable.
Now you know some of the affecting factors for labor productivity. These are the causes and hence can be catered to if you as a project head feel that the productivity and efficiency is not at the maximum. Once you have identified the causes, you’re good to go! The rest is easy.